Michelle Pham is a counsel in Crowell & Moring’s New York office and a member of the Corporate Group. Michelle represents clients on cross-border and U.S. domestic transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and private equity and venture capital equity and debt financings. Michelle also advises clients on general corporate and complex commercial matters, including entity formation, corporate governance, restructurings and commercial matters relating to products, suppliers, customers, consultants, and employees. Michelle’s corporate practice spans multiple industries, including hospitality, health care, retail, entertainment, technology, and manufacturing.
Representative matters that Michelle has handled include:
- Represented a U.S. hospitality group in its approximately $118 million stock sale and joint venture with a French hospitality group, redemption of its preferred stockholders’ equity interest, and refinancing of its unsecured debt facility.
- Represented a U.S. provider of on-site prevention and wellness services in its approximately $110 million stock sale to a U.S. provider of diagnostic information services.
- Represented a U.S. record label in its approximately $40 million sale of substantially all of its assets, including legacy Latin music master recordings and compositions, to a U.S. independent music company.
- Represented a U.S. private equity fund in its approximately $30 million Series B investment in a U.S. dental aligner products company and approximately $97 million Series B investment in a U.S. packaging products and services provider.
- Represented a U.S. high-end activewear company in its approximately $3.4 million convertible notes offering (led by a U.S. venture capital fund), approximately $9.5 million Series D round (led by a U.S. commercial real estate company), and approximately $30 million Series E round (led by a French private equity fund).
Michelle also maintains an active pro bono practice representing immigrant children in partnership with Kids in Need of Defense and non-profit organizations focused on empowering youth in New York City. Michelle was selected for the 2018 Council of Urban Professionals Fellows Program, a year-long leadership development program in New York City for professionals of color across sectors who are committed to positively impacting their communities, and was recently selected for the 2020 Associate Leadership Institute of the New York City Bar, a year-long series of high-level development trainings for mid-level and senior associates and counsel at law firms in New York City.
Michelle received a Bachelor of Arts in Public Policy Analysis with an emphasis on Politics from Pomona College and a J.D. from Columbia Law School, where she was named a Harlan Fiske Stone Scholar and received the Parker School Recognition of Achievement in International and Comparative Law. During law school, she spent a semester abroad in Buenos Aires, Argentina and served as a student editor of the American Review of International Arbitration and as a research assistant to Professor Kimberlé W. Crenshaw and the Center for Intersectionality and Social Policy Studies. During college, she spent a semester abroad in Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic. Michelle was born and raised in San Jose, California and currently lives in Washington Heights in New York City with her partner, Daniel Vazquez, and their pit bull rescue, Aretha.