Position: Tax Counsel
Location: San Ramon, CA
Description: Chevron is accepting online applications for the position Tax Counsel through 12/05/2022 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Serve as either (i) Tax Counsel for the Federal Tax Legal group of the Corporation Tax Department, reporting to the Manager, Federal Tax Legal or Managing Tax Counsel or (ii) Tax Counsel for the Tax Business Support group, reporting to the GM, Intl OPG and Tax Business Support or GM, Americas OPG and CTC Tax Business Support.
- Provide legal and/or tax planning advice on a wide variety of tax issues involving Chevron’s worldwide businesses.
- Primary focus is on U.S. federal corporate taxation, related to international operations, domestic oil and gas operations, marketing/trading crude oil, refined products, and natural gas or alternative energy
- Requires research and analysis of complex tax issues in a wide variety of areas, including foreign tax credits, controlled foreign corporations, GILTI, subpart F, transfer pricing, acquisitions, divestitures, partnerships, capitalization of expenditures, financing, and consolidated returns.
- Interfacing with company personnel in Corporate Tax, Treasury and Legal in addition to other departments.
- Advising management of tax implications of proposed business transactions.
- Juris Doctorate (J.D.) from a U.S. law school
- A minimum 5 years of tax legal research experience or federal income tax planning experience
- Strong knowledge of Internal Revenue Code and Regulations
- Strong tax research and tax analytical skills
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Self-starter with outstanding interpersonal skills
- Bar admission
- CPA or LL.M. in Taxation
- California or Texas bar admission
- Knowledge of Pillar 2 rules
- Experience with digital transformation or tax accounting