Company: Wells Fargo
Position: Senior Counsel – SEC Filings/Public Disclosures
Location: Charlotte, NC; New York, NY; Boston, MA; San Francisco, CA; Des Moines, IA; Irving, TX; Washington, DC; Los Angeles, CA; Minneapolis, MN
Description: Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Counsel who will be a member of the Legal Department and responsible for advising on public company matters, including SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters. For additional information on this line of business, refer to the external Careers Site at Wellsfargo.com/career.
In this role, you will:
- Advise on public company matters, including SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters.
- Review, provide comments, and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and best practices for significant corporate disclosures, including SEC filings, earnings materials, news releases, and other public disclosures.
- Provide substantive legal advice on securities law compliance matters, SEC and NYSE requirements, and corporate governance best practices.
- Participate in and handle various corporate governance activities.
- Proactively identify policy, legal, and regulatory matters pertaining to area of expertise, and evaluate the legal risk and impact.
- Exercise considerable discretion and may serve as the primary legal contact for assigned clients.
- Collaborate within the department and across business and staff functions to address legal and risk issues in a manner consistent with the best interests of Wells Fargo.
- Lead initiatives of varying scope and complexity.
Contact: Please visit https://www.wellsfargojobs.com/ and enter R-228899 to view full description and to apply or click below:
- 4+ years of Law experience, or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, military experience, education
- Active State Bar membership or the equivalent in a country outside the United States
- 3+ years of demonstrated sound knowledge and experience advising publicly traded companies on SEC filings and other public disclosures, corporate governance, board and shareholder items, and securities law compliance matters.
- Strong securities and corporate law background, including demonstrated knowledge of the Securities Act of 1933, the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, and corporate governance principles for publicly traded companies.
- Familiarity with NYSE and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to analyze, develop and execute solutions to complex legal issues.
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a complex environment with a high degree of collaboration.
- Financial services industry experience.
- Ability to work a hybrid schedule (in office at least 3 days a week)
- Ability to work at one of our approved job posting locations