Company: Bloomberg Industry Group
Position: Principal Legal Analyst – Banking and Finance
Location: Arlington, VA
Description: You will work with other legal analysts to develop banking and finance law content for Bloomberg Law. You will leverage your banking and finance law experience to recommend, design and run cross-team projects to create and support banking and finance law practitioner clients. You will be responsible for conceptualizing and implementing the banking and finance law content roadmap.
What you will do:
- Draft and curate practical guidance in your area of subject matter expertise that assists legal practitioners, both in terms of substance and workflows, to undertake their work more efficiently and to learn new areas efficiently.
- Author analysis of legal market trends that is data-driven and leverages your legal expertise, in order to provide insights to lawyers that improve their understanding of legal developments.
- Conceive and develop additional technology-enhanced tools and content for the legal market.
- Manage projects in assigned areas and provide continuous project and performance feedback to peers, Team Lead, and Director.
- Collaborate within and across teams to develop, curate, and maintain unique content and analysis ideas.
- Engage in thought leadership through interactions with law school, law firm, government, and corporate leaders, as well as participation at industry conferences and events, webinars, and social media.
- Communicate with Bloomberg Law sales, customer experience, and marketing teams to facilitate a cycle of feedback and new content ideas directly from the customers.
You need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree required. JD required.
- 5 years practicing law with 3 years of banking and finance experience.
- Demonstrated experience and success in developing and executing workflow solutions to solve customer problems in the legal, professional, or financial markets.