Careers @ MCCA
Counsel, Director of Training and Membership Development
Reports To: President & CEO
FLSA Status: Exempt Position
Location: Washington, D.C.
The Counsel, Director of Training and Membership Development will lead MCCA’s member relations’ efforts, including strategizing, planning for, and implementing activities and services that provide value to members and promote membership retention and growth. S/he will lead the Association’s efforts to understand, articulate, and respond to the needs of members while enhancing MCCA’s earned revenues through business development and sponsorships. This individual will work closely with the Senior Counsel, Director of Research and Education to manage, develop and drive the training for member organizations of the association, such as training programs designed to increase awareness of diversity and inclusion issues under the Academy for Leadership and Inclusion series and implementation support to member organizations who are establishing a diversity and inclusion plan as part of membership benefit and development.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties that may be assigned by the President & CEO.
- Lead and develop a membership value strategy to increase member engagement that is aligned with and supports the organization’s strategic plan.
- Develop tactical training programs based on industry trends and research reports to provide member value-add.
- Support all MCCA educational programs by working closely with the Director of Research and Education.
- Support all marketing and promotion of resources, establishment and review of metrics, seeking stakeholder feedback, as appropriate, to promote continuous improvement and enhanced value for members in collaboration with Director of Marketing and Communications and Director of Research and Education.
- Create a systematic process for the monitoring and collection of data on target market groups to increase membership and participation in MCCA.
- Serve as primary lead in developing a pipeline program with members including managing the internship programs and processes.
- Develop a pro bono program offering between members and increase their engagement.
- Acts as a liaison and “good will” ambassador of the association with MCCA members, prospective members, other bar associations, legal service providers, and other key constituents. This will include assisting MCCA in the development of strategic partnerships, new member outreach, etc., which may require up to 25% travel.
- Supervise MCCA staff on a per project basis, or as requested by the President & CEO.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) required and must be in good standing.
- Minimum six to eight years of experience as a practicing attorney and/or serving as counsel to 501(c) (3) not-for-profit organizations.
- Must have private sector experience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects without much guidance.
- A self-starter who can anticipate issues and address them proactively by collaborating with internal and external stakeholders.
- Must have analytical skills to develop a membership strategy.
- Experience managing other attorneys and/or support staff is preferred.
Interested individuals should send a letter of interest describing qualifications to complete scope of work outlined above, a current resume and salary to email@example.com. Kindly reference Counsel, Director of Training and Membership Development in the subject line.