Fortune 500 General Counsel Convene on the Subject of Innovation Around Corporate Diversity, Social Responsibility and Leadership
Four-day event in Palm Beach Gardens, Florida, will also raise funds for Lloyd M. Johnson Scholarship, providing financial support for diverse law students interested in corporate law
Washington, DC - Under the leadership of the new President and CEO, Jean Lee, the Minority Corporate Counsel Association will host its 13th Annual General Counsel Summit, convening in-house counsel and other legal experts to discuss a host of issues related to innovation, leadership, and corporate legal diversity. The Summit also serves as the sole fundraiser supporting the MCCA Lloyd M. Johnson Scholarship Program.
WHAT: MCCA General Counsel Summit will convene on various issues including:
- Ethics & the Law: Compliance as Risk Management?
- The Corporate Board oom: How Boards Can Move Beyond Diversity Aspirations to Reality
- Corporate Social Responsibility: Data Privacy and the Duty to Protect
- Business Growth Strategies: Are the Golden Years of Growth for Latin America and the Caribbean Over?
- Leadership Growth Strategies: From Chief Legal Officer and Law Firm Partner to Corporate Board Member
WHO: Among the legal and corporate leaders speaking at the summit are:
- Elizabeth E. Atlee, Deputy General Counsel-Global Litigation, CBRE
- Elisa D. Garcia, Executive Vice President & Chief Legal Officer, Office Depot, Inc.
- Khurram Nasir Gore, Chief Strategy Officer & General Counsel at Personal BlackBox
- Robin Sangston, Chief Compliance Officer at Cox Communications
- Carmen Roman, General Counsel, Walmart Chile
- Christopher Cook, General Counsel, Walmart Central America
- Ariel J. Marin, Regional Manager for Latin America & the Caribbean, Wells Fargo Bank
- Brenda Morris, Deputy General Counsel at Booz Allen Hamilton
WHERE: PGA National Resort & Spa
400 Ave of the Champions
Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33418
WHEN: Wednesday, April 13, 2016 through Saturday, April 16, 2016
For a complete schedule of events, please click here.
Since 2004, the Lloyd M. Johnson (LMJ) Scholarship Program has provided financial assistance to outstanding students who seek to pursue a legal education. More than $2.85 million in scholarships have been awarded to over 180 promising and diverse students who have a financial need; overcome obstacles; have an interest in corporate law; and have a commitment to diversity and inclusion. For a full list of speakers and the summit agenda, please visit MCCA.com. Media interested in covering the MCCA General Counsel Summit should contact Daniel Herrera at email@example.com for more information.